Thursday, April 3, 2014

back in the saddle

A few days ago I filled my bicycle tires with air.  They were flat from the lack of activity all winter in the garage.  Today I went out there to see if they held the air.

Looked good.  Nice and hard and still full.

I decided to go for a little ride around the block to test them.

As I got up on the seat I thought I would pedal out to the cross street and maybe go a little further to the other side of the neighborhood.  But…  when I got to the cross street I turned left instead and decided to ride to the Veloway a half mile away and see how the bike held up.

As I got to the Veloway I was now in bliss and decided to ride around the 3.1 mile track and see if my tires were still doing okay.

They were.

It was so beautiful with all the Texas bluebonnets, indian paintbrush and pink evening primrose …  I was in my joy-space.







I rode around twice and and went over eight miles.  Not bad for my first time out in 2014.  Especially since I only planned to go around the block!

I remembered how much I love to ride.

I won't soon forget.

It felt wonderful to get back in the saddle and it just might be on the to-do list tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoy riding! Sometimes I don't feel like getting out, but almost always, once I get going, I really enjoy the wind in my face, and all the sights we pass. We ride a lot along the riverbed and it's kind of a bird sanctuary down there: egrets, geese, ducks, seagulls and tons of other birds I don't know the names of.

    ReplyDelete