Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Plowing through life....

Today I find myself wanting to begin to touch the creative part of myself again. To express. To think. To analyze. To question. To learn.... and ultimately to grow and feel more alive. I have been shuffling along... physically... emotionally... spiritually... and I want to quicken my pace... step it up a notch or two... or three. At 48 years old I'm feeling like I need to start anew. I want to explore life and see where my passions are and pursue them. I want to matter ... and DO something that matters. I feel fulfilled... in my marriage, my home, my family (I have the most wonderful daughters on the planet) but I'm sensing a tug, that's getting stronger to pursue, reach out, expect more from myself... and not grow stagnant....

I feel as though I've been climbing uphill... a lot has happened in the last couple of months, no, couple of years.... no, 10 years.... okay yeah, my life has been slipping by. Things have occured that have zapped my strength and put me on "just put one foot in front of the other and keep on going" mode. Not so different from others I presume, but I'm feeling the desire to take better control and actually set the sails for a course. After all....

An optimist expects the wind; A pessimist complains about the wind; A realist adjusts the sails.

We'll see.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! You should definitely write more, and share it with more of the people you love. You write very well and have great insights. It would be a shame for you not to share your talent and your wisdom! We all have such unique perspectives and experiences and can enrich the lives of others if we document them. I don't want the things I know to die with me, and that's the main reason I write. I love you Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi, Reading what you wrote set me back in time, reflecting on my own childhood and the present. Thank you for thinking enough of me to share your thoughts. Like mother, like daughter; and probably daughters, but I have only read Jenni's blog. I enjoyed it. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you were talented and smart. Keep writing
    aand share your talent. You can help others more than you know. Good job, Kathi
    Hugs,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathi, your words have brought a happy tear into my eyes. You have an amazing talent so keep going. I will continue to check on your updates with an eagerness that makes me all warm inside. Love it love it love it, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the good work... I enjoy reading all your writing... Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete