Friday, February 23, 2018

yearnings


Sometimes I stumble upon a quote that fits exactly how I feel. 

But sometimes there are none.... and our own words, our own voice, our own expression is what we need to work on .... and figure out. 

To think and mediate and work to understand what's unique to us, discover where our own heart is, and what our soul is yearning for... and what our needs are at the moment.

Is it peace? It is safety? Is it reassurance? Is it connection? Is it rest? Is it trust? Is it faith?

I yearn for healing in the world. I yearn for people to be whole. I yearn for myself to be whole. I yearn for a way to communicate love when I fail so often. I yearn for a way to make a difference and be a force for good ....but I often fall short. I sometimes mess things up even though I have the best of intentions. 

But for now I just feel sad. 

I've lived long enough to realize that the sad will pass. It comes and it goes. We can count on life's ebbs and flows as much as anything in this world. It's a sure thing. Keeping our balance during the changes is the challenge. Especially when a wave hits you and knocks you senseless for a little while.

So, we do what we can, love with all of our heart, but also be true to ourselves, and not set our own self on fire to keep someone else warm... meaning.... take care of yourself too.







No comments:

Post a Comment