Sunday, March 25, 2018

focus

I have pinpointed a definite problem area in my life. When you live alone there are quite a few since there is no one, except the dog, to hold you accountable as far as your actions and how you spend your time.

It seems when I have a good thought, it disappears before I can act upon it, because there are so many other good thoughts out there!

So, back to my problem.

FOCUS.

I read this morning that without focus you will find life becomes a blur.

There is so much noise in our society today. While it's true that we are the ones who open ourselves up to it, it's still hard to not get sucked in. It may be especially hard for a deep thinker since they tend to want answers to all the questions that get thrown around..... all the problems. My need for order makes me want to figure things out and come to definite conclusions. 

Oh, boy, does that never really work. Not for everything anyway.

I often feel distracted... like Norman does outside. Though he follows his nose there are so many different things to check out.

So what do I focus on? Without being completely specific and transparent.... mostly being the best me I can be. I've learned that I have no control over what someone else does. The time I've spent trying to solve another's problems has been a waste of time it pains me greatly to say.

I'm realizing I have enough problems of my own... and I need to spend more time focusing on things I CAN change.

Gonna start now.



No comments:

Post a Comment