Saturday, February 14, 2015

V-Day

I remember not being that crazy about Valentine's Day before meeting Edd.  It was always a nice day, but not especially memorable.  As the kids came along I guess I made it all about them.  

The first Valentine's Day after meeting Edd took my breath away.  We couldn't be together on that day but a huge bouquet of red roses was delivered to my home.  I was completely surprised.  He topped it off with a diamond heart necklace the next weekend we were together.  

Every Valentine's Day after that he also made special.  The memories are numerous and each year the cards from him got mushier.  He told me every year not to get him anything.... said Valentine's Day is for girls, but I'd always get him a card.  I think my delight and appreciation for his kindness was the greatest gift I could give him.  It was what he loved the most.  Feeling loved and special and appreciated.

It's funny.  I still feel so much love.  I think we loved each other a lifetime's worth.  I can't think of anything else I wish I received from his heart that I didn't.  I only need to reread the cards and pull out the thoughtful gifts and .... remember.  My heart is full.  Still. 

So.  Today was nice.  I made some healthy dishes like Lentils Dal... a spicy dish made with ginger, garlic, cauliflower, and other aromatic spices.  Had some good talks with friends.  And I received the prettiest flowers delivered to my home from my brother and his sweet wife.  They are happily blooming now on the coffee table.  I feel blessed and content.



1 comment:

  1. So glad you had Edd to love you and appreciate your sweet spirit as you remember!

    ReplyDelete