Tuesday, April 5, 2016

growing stuff




Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity. ~Lindley Karstens



You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. ~Author Unknown



I think the true gardener is a lover of his flowers, not a critic of them. I think the true gardener is the reverent servant of Nature, not her truculent, wife-beating master. I think the true gardener, the older he grows, should more and more develop a humble, grateful and uncertain spirit. ~Reginald Farrer, In a Yorkshire Garden, 1909



A garden is always a series of losses set against a few triumphs, like life itself. ~May Sarton



When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.



I sit in my garden, gazing upon a beauty that cannot gaze upon itself. And I find sufficient purpose for my day. ~Robert Brault



Today I had set aside for spading. Now there is nothing pleasanter than spading when the ground is soft and damp. You turn a spade full and then carefully knock all the lumps to pieces and you go on for hours without thinking about anything. ~John Steinbeck, letter to Kate Beswick



Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
The harvest can be either flowers or weeds.
~Author Unknown




Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment