Monday, July 25, 2016

this moment

Ahhh.... what a good day! 

I lost another pound. Sheesh! This weight-loss-after-age-fifty is tough stuff! I'm in it for the long haul though so it's okay. 

After a walk with Norman I did outside yard work in the morning and sweat my you-know-what off as I snipped and clipped and watered and dug and planted...for a couple of hours. This Texas July heat isn't for sissies let me tell you. A frog jumped out of one of my planters and scared me half to death and a large lizard watched me from the outside wall of my house! Yeah, at least he was on the outside of my house. He was a big one!

Another hot day in ATX

Hey there big guy... or pregnant girl! (Hard to tell)

I did some of my volunteer work with the Diamond Dachshund Rescue and also worked out on my elliptical machine.

After taking a shower I sit now with a glass of Pinot Noir and feel at peace.

Peace. It's definitely NOT over rated. It's one of the greatest things in life... Like contentment and trusting in God's goodness... and letting go of worry and fear and..... I could go on and on.....

Sure there are things of concern in my life.  Isn't that true with EVERYONE'S life? But for now I will savor this moment, give all of those concerns to the One who loves me....and be thankful for this day.

1 comment:

  1. Peace is not overrated at all. I agree. Wait, you are over 50?? You look 35!

    ReplyDelete