Monday, March 7, 2011

more to-dos... and such...

Top things I want to do instead of spending my time on other things that are not bad things but are getting in the way of things I need to do that may be more important than.... yeah... here are some of them... sheesh!

Read. Something interesting... something more calculating than just surfing the net. I have GREAT books I've bought in the last year laying around that I haven't read yet! I need to! I want to! Don't I? Yeah, I do.

Exercise. I will feel sooo much better about myself.

Eat more healthy... and lighter. See above.

Spend more time connecting with people I love... and miss... and appreciate.

Learn something new. Could I learn one new thing every day... and remember it? That's the key. I forget things easily... I need to make a conscious effort to remember .... hmm... maybe I'll start a "Here's what I learned new today" list. Dorky... but so... ME.

Stop putting off the projects I need to do... redo the shower, clean the closet, get rid of the clothes we NEVER wear, buy that new front door we need, get lawn service to pull some bushes and dump some dirt, get some painting done... yeah, that would feel good.

What a nice day... nice that I can sit down and think happy thoughts and enjoy life. Nice that I can sit here drinkinig my coffee and meditate on what it means to be content.... Nice that right this very moment all seems well in the world. Nice that inspite of all the challenges we face in life God still gives days full of peace and hope. I am very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the new look of your blog Mom!!! So cute!!! :) The colors all go well together.

    And these are all great to do's. This week I am trying to be more disciplined... set the alarm for 6:30 this morning, got up at 7, went to the gym at 8, got some other stuff done... success!! :) Hope you've had a good day. I want to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete