Saturday, March 19, 2016

the gift of today

Every day is a gift but some seem extra delicious.

Like today.

I'm taking a little break from my chores sitting on a comfortable rocker in the bedroom. A hearty breeze is blowing through my open door. The breeze is cool and refreshing .... and sunshine is streaming in along with it. I just changed my bed sheets and put on a clean quilt after tossing the one with morning coffee stains into the washing machine. My loyal little dog is enjoying his patch of sunshine on the carpet but mindful of what is going on outside as well.... and ready to dart if a squirrel dares to step foot into his yard from the trees.

Summer is approaching although today is just the first official day of Spring. I savor days like today. It seems the cool breeze which occasionally whips through the wind chimes is blowing away all my cares and creating a little joy all its own. It is certainly refreshing the air in my home as well as my spirit.

As I sit I also pray and meditate and ask my heavenly father to handle the challenges and hurts in my life and in the lives of those I love....  as well as praising him for the many joys each day brings....

No comments:

Post a Comment