Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Getting things done

Today was good ... even though ..... There are circumstances that I wish could be different. But life is a mixed bag of things we consider good and things that are difficult to understand and accept. I started my day sitting in quiet thought and prayer. Prayer that I'd be able to plow through my mental list of items I just HAD to get done. Edd works so hard for us in spite of his health challenges and I had to take care of some things for him. Appointments. Dealing with medical staff and trying to get answers. I mentally prepared for my day and asked God to help me ... that others would be moved to help on our behalf. I quietly thought through the day ahead and saw it as a blank slate just waiting to be written on. The day was a gift. The gift of time. And I wanted to use it well.

God helped... and others were moved... and things got DONE!

I also spent most of the day methodically putting away Christmas. I had two trees left to dismantle and dismantle them I did! My nine-foot tree was challenging to put away. I'm positive the box it came in shrunk during the six weeks the tree stood majestically in our living room. No way was it going back in that cardboard box we carried it home in! After struggling with it for quite some time I packed it away with branches sticking up and out and ... phew.. is that thing heavy! I know for sure my massage therapist is going to have her work cut out for her tomorrow during my appointment! Bless her!

But I'm happy. My house is back in order and it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be to move on. In fact it was a joy! I'm happy with the results. I don't have trees in my dining room or living room anymore, but I have neatness and order ... which gives me a lot of satisfaction.




When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

Difficult things take a long time, impossible things a little longer. ~André A. Jackson

Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use. ~Earl Nightingale


*

No comments:

Post a Comment