Tuesday, May 3, 2011

a good day

Tears come easily to me these days. Sometimes they come unexpectedly. The richness of life speaks to me and breaks me. The smallest of conversations are triggers. Things extra ordinary.

Like a simple text message exchange.

Edd: My lunch is excellent! (the one I made for him to bring to work today)

Me: Good! Love you! I am cleaning house. Nicky is in the sunshine on the steps outside our bedroom. I went to see Gracie and Cooper too.

Edd : It's a good day!

Me: Yes it is.

Truth be told, we know many not-so-good days.  Days full of painful thoughts and feelings. Talking about things we wish we didn’t have to.   Yet we still marvel at how lucky, how blessed, we are to have each other.

~

Conversation today after laughing and joking in the drive-thru of Whataburger at how slow the service was:

Me: We sure have fun together don't we?

Edd: Yes, we do. I enjoy being with you more than anyone else. With all the time we spend together. Still. I think that is a rare and wonderful thing.

I do too.

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. --Thornton Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment