Tuesday, May 31, 2011

helpful changes

I had a little wake up call recently.  You can’t hide your head in the sand forever, at least I can’t.  I went to the doctor for various aches and pains that needed to be checked out and I actually had to step onto the scale!  Yeah, I think it’s kind of mean that they make you do that, but for me it really is a good thing as much as I hate to admit it.

Needless to say my head was violently yanked out of its hole in the sand! 

As I’ve made changes in the last couple of weeks, I’m seeing that the longer you do the right things, like choose healthy, nutritional foods and exercise… it gets easier… just a little tiny bit at a time but it DOES get easier.  And you see and feel results.

Oh, I’m resisting the temptation to do anything drastic like extreme exercise (SO not good for me) and starvation dieting (counter productive).  I want to have and enjoy a healthy lifestyle that can be lived out far down the road.

So… I’m drinking more water…  and enjoying it.  It makes me feel good.  I used to drink none.  Now I carry around a water bottle and sometimes throw some fresh lemon in.  Great for hot Texas weather.

I’ve committed to exercising at least three times a week.  So far it’s been more, but AT LEAST three.

I’m eating fresher, more nutritional foods.  But also eating what I want so as not to feel deprived… but less… and it feels really good!

I’m keeping track on a fun site my doctor suggested.  It makes it easy and helps me with healthy boundaries… which I obviously need!

There are certain things in my life I don’t want to compromise on.  I just can’t.  A healthy lifestyle is one of them.  I won’t be any good to anyone else if I am not taking good care of ME.

Prayer is another.  No compromising there.  I need God to be personal in my life.  I need a relationship with Him.  I need Him like I need the air to breathe.

I don’t have control over everything in my life that’s for sure and I feel the truth of that more strongly some days than others, but I CAN strive to make choices every day that will reap great rewards.

Oh, and I’ve lost four pounds.

1 comment:

  1. It's true - the more you do things, the easier it gets. I love that you still enjoy and eat what you want so that you don't feel deprived. I think that's such a healthy thing. I too am finding what works for me in this whole eating business and the more I keep doing what I'm doing it gets easier and feels more natural. (o:

    I always love reading your thoughts. You have so much wisdom Kathi.

    ReplyDelete