Monday, October 3, 2011

ways to simplify

I am feeling like I need to get rid of excess baggage from my life so I'm looking for ways to simplify today.  To rest.  It was kind of a sad day.  Edd began full disability from work.  It was a day of thoughtful ponderings.   There are way too many things I have no control over so ...

I'll pray.  God wants me to.  I think He sometimes limits Himself based on my prayers.  So it's a privilege to pray and a responsibility.  But most of all it should give me peace.... But I'll have to ask for that too.

I'll cook a delicious but simple dinner of steak, baked potato and edamame.

I'll throw some things away or bring them to goodwill.  I can purge unnecessary gadgets that accumulate in junk drawers that are never used.

I'll read.  Not on the internet.  But a book I can hold in my hands and focus on.  And not be so distracted.

I'll stop comparing my life to someone (anyone) else's.

I'll cherish time spent with people I love whether in person, talking on the telephone or writing a letter.

I'll be cautious not to over-analyzing myself and everything and everyone. It's one thing to have self awareness.  It's another to be self absorbed.

I'll be grateful.

That ought to be enough for today.

3 comments:

  1. Hugs to you Kathi. I hope that prayer has lifted some of the heaviness off your heart, and that your day's pursuits brought you some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I think it's enough for today too. Today you saw things as they should and must be. I don't know about you, but just taking some action - ANY action - helps me when I have heavy thoughts. And you did just that. Wish I could give you a big hug. I hope you are feeling peace from your prayers, and getting some answers and direction. Keep that quiet place in your mind so you can listen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you. It is so comforting to know that prayer changes things. Hugs for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete