Saturday, May 19, 2012

living today

I believe the things that happen to us that change us and teach us something should be used going forward.  Somehow it will be.  I was changed so much by Edd.  And I feel in some way he will go on as I use some of what I've learned from experiencing life together with him.  We expereinced so much in a short time.   Some things that others don't experience in a lifetime.  It was a crash course in sacrificial love, compassion, selflessness, burden bearing... oh but so much fun too!  Boy did we have fun together!

I've been thinking also about how luck has been said to be when preparation meets opportunity.  I believe this.  I want to live my life in a preparedness fashion so I can take advantage of opportunities when they come along.  All in good time though... One day and one step at a time. 

I've been exercising.... Yay... eating healthy.... Yay again.  

Today wasn't so bad.  Yeah, there was loneliness.  But I doubt that will ever change entirely. 

Yet. I put one foot in front of the other and ventured out. 


Veggies from the farmer's market.  Yay organic!

 A new yummy candle.

A small jewelry holder to hold my favorites from Edd
   
Bought a jewelry holder to hold all my favorite every day stuff.


Went shopping for a few new pieces for my wardrobe.


 Fresh salmon and lots of greens.  

It doesn't come natural to me.  I often don't want to do what I should.  So often I think, "Edd would want me to do this or that....." and so he helps me.  In so many ways he is such a huge part of my life still.  And always will be.  

Tonight I will curl up with a cup of tea (having already had some cool Chardonnay with my salmon) and enjoy War Horse.... Nothing like a good movie to end the day....

6 comments:

  1. Oh my that salmon looked good! Glad to see you're taking care of yourself and getting out a bit. But really? You went to the Farmer's Market and brought back BRUSSELS SPROUTS?!? PTOOIE!! But if they make you happy, then by all means...
    I love your jewelry holder - I'd love to find something like that myself. A good day. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Karen and I have the same regard for brussels sprouts. I will have to give them another try with some of the great recipes I've seen out there. Glad you had a day with Jenni...nothing makes a day brighter for me then one spent with one of my kids!
    Loves~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day, happy for you, and I for one love the sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to have a few new things, and I love walking through the farmer's market! Sounds like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did you think of War Horse? I've been wanting to see it, but heard it was graphically violent toward horses??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful thoughts and beautiful pictures.... I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete