Thursday, February 17, 2011

a few morning thoughts

Some recent thoughts...





**** I think I'm finally allowing myself to be human and imperfect. I am enjoying looking at life more simply and allowing myself to be in the NOW... not be so "caught up" in things that don't really matter. Edd told me years ago to let stress just flow over me like the waves of the ocean and let it go... Now there are certainly gigantic stresses that come... but I suppose I'll learn in time how to deal with them too.

**** I've decided all my hope needs to be in the LORD. And believe me I do a LOT of hoping. Hope my husband's cancer stays under control (or how about GOES AWAY?!) Hope the people I love stay well and safe. Hope, hope, hope. Hope is a wonderful thing. But it occurred to me that it should be in God... so now when I feel scared or anxious about anything I pray "My hope is in the Lord"... and that seems to help.. because (alas) I am NOT in control of everything. God is. And I must place my hope in Him. I believe it's the right place for my hope to be.









Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. Ps. 62:5

We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. Ps. 33:20

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Rom. 15:13


**** Drinking coffee is sure to give me a hot flash. Damn. I love coffee. Oh, and wine too... Sheesh!

1 comment:

  1. Kathi - I'm not a big "here's a book with all the answers or cures" kind of person. But there is an excellent book by Jan Meyers that I think you would SO enjoy reading. It's called The Allure of HOpe - you can order it on Amazon, they don't carry it in many bookstores. But it's about hope and it's beautiful. I think you'd love it. (o:

    YOu and I have a lot in common in the way that we are currently choosing to live life and where we are with ourselves. THat makes me smile and miss you. We should get together sometime. I would LOVE it. (o:

    ReplyDelete