Tuesday, March 20, 2012

decisions

Today was a relatively peaceful day.  There was certainly work to be done but I made some decisions that I knew Edd would want me to make.  Sometimes that helps when I'm not sure exactly what to do.  I think of the decision he'd make if he knew what was happening.  I remembered back to many discussions we've had.  He was never someone unable or afraid to make a decision.  I want to be like that more.

When I went to the grocery store I even bought myself some flowers.  When we were dating he would bring me a bunch every other week.  He loved doing that so much.  He said he hoped he always would... even after we were married for years....  so today I bought them for myself.... from him.  Because he would have wanted me to.


There are so many decisions to make.  And none are easy.  But I will keep trying to make ones that bring peace and comfort and loving care.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you. By making decisions - even hard ones - you empower yourself. Edd would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you are taking the right ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you bought yourself flowers. I love that you are making decisions that you know he would want you to make. I love that you are listening to that voice inside of you.

    I love that you are being so kind to yourself in the midst of all that you are journeying through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you bought the flowers.
    What a beautiful way to remind yourself of his love!

    ReplyDelete