Saturday, February 18, 2012

experience

Sometimes the memory and mental challenges can be frustrating.  Sometimes they display themselves in a comical way.  This morning the latter was the case.
Him:  I’m  so glad I have you.  Without you life wouldn’t be very good.  If you do nothing else but take care of me you’ve made a difference in the world.  I know I’m just one person .. but.... it means a lot.
Me:  Aww...  You are so worth it.  I am glad I can give back to you for all you’ve given to me.  That was such a wonderfully sweet thing to say.
Him:  Well.... Don’t ask me to repeat it because I don’t think I could.  
Sometimes I quickly go from the depths of emotion to peeks in the time it would take a bipolar person to say “Boo”....
My life is such a complicated mixture of tender moments, deep sentiment, worried brows, and even anxiety ... but there is also laughter to sweep away some of the intensity.  


I had a good talk with one of his sons today.  We all know others who often play the victim even though they have little to complain about.  We talked about how spending time with Edd gives us little luxury to feel sorry for ourselves and challenges our perspective on our problems.  He never complains.  Good even comes out of bad situations.  It made me happy he is able to acknowledge even a little of that.


Life has lessons to teach us.



Who then can so softly bind up the wound of another as he who has felt the same wound himself.  ~Thomas Jefferson



A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr



Experience teaches only the teachable.  ~Aldous Huxley 







4 comments:

  1. All so true, Kathi. And I like the quotes you posted, too. I don't think I can choose a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So touching, I can imagine t is hard and beautiful at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are such a beautiful writer...im definitely praying for you and your husband for sure..you are such a brave woman and wife!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have to tell you that reading about you and Edd and hearing what you're going through, even from a distance, I have been so inspired and challenged. Your commitment and unflagging love for each other creates such a deep sense of hope in me, for whatever the future holds. I just wanted you to know how much reading your blog has impacted me. Praying continually for you and Edd.

    ReplyDelete