Sunday, January 1, 2012

new year 2012


 I'm finding little difficulty in letting go of 2011.  It was a hard year.  From January through December.  Some of it seems a blur to me. 

I sometimes wish I wasn't as introspective as I am.  I look at others and wonder why they aren't like me, but maybe they tend to enjoy life more.  Maybe they don't have as high of expectations as I do.  On myself and on others.  Maybe they know how to relax more than I do and have the peace that comes from not having to figure out everything and seeing a purpose in it all.

Could I possibly be able to lighten up in  2012?

Probably not.  But maybe (hopefully) some.  Maybe I'll just be able to ACCEPT more and not have to understand everything all the time.

As a new year begins there are a few thoughts that popped into my mind as I began the day.  I'm reminded that ...

He makes His sun rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.  Matt. 5:45
Sometimes good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. I want to be a wise builder in 2012.  Our foundation needs to be strong and if it is we'll be able to withstand the hard times and meet the challenges that come our way.


     “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.  The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.  But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.  The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

I want to believe that God plans good things to come out of our hurts.

Even though you planned evil against me, God planned good to come out of it.  Genesis 50:20
God can even bring something good out of the hard and seemingly bad things that happen to us.



Don't hide your love in 2012.  

Make sure those special folks in your life KNOW it!


And then SHOW it by how you treat them.  

Necklace I received as a Christmas gift

One of the sweetest expressions of love I received for the new year was from my mom.  

 I want to wish you and Edd a HAPPY NEW YEAR.  I'm still praying for a miricle and hoping 2012 will bring happiness back to your lives. XXXX   I'll be thinking of you.    I love you.

Her words couldn't have been more sincere and heartfelt.  I don't know what the new year will bring, but I hope to be able to recognize, accept and appreciate the gifts that come my way.


I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's. ~Henry Moore

One day at a time is all I can handle!

Happy New Year! Much love to all my family and friends! And if you are reading this you are most likely one or the other! xoxo



7 comments:

  1. Somehow I know that good things happen to good people, so I know that all will be well for you both! Thank you for the reminder about love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. God is bigger and he can do anything,. I have had tremendous loss with the death of my twin sons but he carried me thru the dark and brought me out into the light. Life is good and bad but with Jesus the bad is so do-able. hugs and prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and Edd the best this year! praying for blessings on you and your family in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post. All the best for you and your family.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathi...Leave it to your Mom to put into words all that I am praying for you and Edd and your family. One thing I like to do at the end of every year is look back on the blessings. I have no problem counting my trials, but when I start counting the blessings it makes the trials seem smaller.

    One of my favorite blessings is how the world has brought some very wonderful people into my orb via blogging. Until the last year my blogging was really limited to close friends and family.

    Your words and thoughts have enriched my days and I appreciate your introspection and honesty.

    Wishing you gentle days and loving nights in this new year.
    Loves~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Kathi. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and wishing you and Edd all the best in 2012. I am praying that you both experience peace, joy, comfort and understanding, all in His name. Sometimes it is hard to make sense of what happens to us or to those we love, but the lessons to be learned are so invaluable to our existance and every bit a part of who we are and who we are to become.

    Thank you for that beautiful scripture---always a wonderful reminder when someone else points it out for us.

    Sending you love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathi, I love when you have scriptures in your posts, they help remind me of so much. Thinking of you and Edd always. Try to be kind to yourself, and I hope that you find some answers to your questions, and peace for your heart. xo

    ReplyDelete